We are looking for locally based artists to be part of the new Art B&B Associate Artist programme, who want to develop their professional arts practice/careers, by developing work within the context of our ground breaking and exciting Art B&B.
The first phase of associate artist placements will take place during the renovation and opening phase of the project. So it’s a great opportunity for artists who want to get involved at the early stages of our development and create work that can help inform and shape the programme as it emerges.
Becoming an Art B&B Associate artist does not mean that we expect all of your practice to focus on the Art B&B project all of the time. Rather that you work alongside us and are able to integrate & build on your existing practice through the opportunities provided.
The Art B&B Associate Artist scheme aims to:
- Connect more people with Arts & Culture
- Explore alternative spaces for art to exist
- Develop the artistic talent on our doorstep
- Promote artist profiles within a critically engaged national context
- Reward ambitious, risk taking practice and approaches to making art
Successful applicants will benefit from 18 months of benefits including:
- Mentoring & 1 to 1 guidance and support from the LeftCoast and Art B&B team
- Peer Group development sessions
- Connections to and opportunities to work alongside established Art B&B commissioned artists
- Access to a collaborative workspace and initial exhibition opportunities at our partner venue Abingdon Studios
- A £1000 Express Professional Development grant that can be spent on a personalised programme of courses, conferences, travel to exhibitions and events, and meeting the people who can really help you develop your ideas and practice.
- Up to £2000 towards match funding to allow you to bid for an Arts Council G4A grant to realise some of your project ideas.
- Space to exhibit the outcomes of your activity within the Art B&B ongoing programme of activity, once the building is open.
This is an interdisciplinary opportunity, and artists working across all disciplines are encouraged to apply. We want to see evidence of a pro-active working practice, recent exhibitions, projects, performances and work in development etc.
If you are an artist who is actively working in their field of practice, and can demonstrate a desire to make artistic practice their full time occupation. Please see our guidelines – A BB Associate Artist Scheme guidelines application.