SpareParts is the UK’s only Free Festival of Art, Performance and Spectacle dedicated to transport, travel and motion.
For the 4th edition of SpareParts in 2017 we have partnered with Sandbach Festival of Transport, Cheshire East Council, trAction Festival Crewe, Crewe Town Council and Wyre Council to present SpareParts: On The Move, a touring festival to be featured at three transport festivals.
- Sandbach Festival of Transport 22nd/23rd April (performance day 23rd)
- trAction Festival Crewe 8th / 9th July (performance day 8th)
- Tram Sunday Fleetwood 16th July
Have a look at what happened in 2016 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l03vUQnFXMA&t=1s
THEME: All SpareParts contributors must be art, performance and spectacle that is on, about or utilises transport and travel in creative ways.
This year we will particularly welcome work that can encompass our ‘Future Journeys’ theme.
What we are looking for:
- The Great Spare Parts Arts Parade – Artists designed vehicles, bicycles, mobile installations that can take art in the Great Spare Parts Art Parade (existing or new commissions)
- Spare Parts Village – Static installations and performances in, on and around vehicles that can form part of the Spare Parts ‘Junk Yard’ Village.
- Spare Partists – Strolling or mobile performers, especially with a transport or travel theme, to perform throughout the day and take part in the Parade
- Spare Participation –Freelance artists, organisations or participatory arts companies who can help communities develop their own content (vehicles and moving installations) for the festival (especially but not exclusively to create a community designed mobile scooter display team).
See HERE for full Brief
DEADLINE FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: Thursday 9th March at 5pm
By email: email@example.com – Please put ‘SpareParts 2017 – Expression of Interest’ as subject header
By post: LeftCoast, FYCreatives , 154-158 Church St, Blackpool FY1 3PS
T: 01253 477973