Members of the South Beach Drop In, in partnership with St Peter’s CofE Church and the Transience Programme are seeking proposals from artists, organisations or collectives interested in creating a site-specific performance based in the South Beach area of Blackpool. We are seeking commissions from artists working in traditional or non-traditional performance who are confident in challenging perceptions and encouraging residents to view their community in a different way.
South Beach are commissioning an artist(s) to work with the South Beach Drop In group to create a piece of performance reflecting this unique community. We welcome proposals from artists working in both traditional and non-traditional performance; we are open to new ideas so challenge us! We do, however, have a few non-negotiable:
• The artist must include the group at every stage
• We want to challenge perceptions of our area and start a new, positive conversation
• The group must have the opportunity to develop new skills
• The artist(s) must have experience of working with diverse and hard-to-engage groups
• The artist(s) must be available to deliver workshops on Fridays between 1pm-3pm
The number of workshops is to be decided by the artist and group.
How to apply
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on the 10th June 2016.
If you would like to discuss this commission further please contact Laura Brennan or on 01253 476211.